Through local, state, and national level organizing, we are working to advance policies that will transform the lives of low-income people and people of color, including: quality, affordable healthcare that leaves no one behind; wages and workplace benefits that meet families’ needs and empowers workers; freedom from pernicious debt in its various forms; fair tax and revenue structures; a criminal justice system that uplifts rather than punishes communities of color; an immigration system that supports human dignity and keeps families together; and economic security in our communities, a housing market that ensures everyone has access to safe, accessible, and affordable housing.
The purpose of this position is to engage with the community in Federal Way, WA on the issues we work on. The primary responsibilities include one-on-one conversations with voters at high foot-traffic areas in and going door-to-door to speak with community members. Field Canvassers motivate and empower community members to become involved in political change in their community.
We welcome entry-level candidates who have a demonstrated commitment to fighting for racial, gender, and economic justice. Other skills necessary include:
● Ability to work as part of a team, commitment to pitching in to help others.
● Self-motivated, resourceful, and creative.
● Effective oral communicator, values and fosters open communication, uses and understands the importance of active listening skills.
● Values self-improvement, able to accept praise and critical feedback and seeks
● Experience with and commitment to working on racial justice issues and / or working in
communities of color.
● Strong personal time management skills and the ability to work under pressure.
The Field Canvasser position is full-time with a competitive salary (pay starts at $15 an hour, with potential for bonus), health and dental coverage after 90 days, 401(k) pension plan, and paid holiday, vacation, and sick leave. The schedule flexible and can either be full or part time. Organizers will be part of a field canvassing team that works in unison to support local, state, and national campaigns on a range of issues.
Washington CAN is an aggressive affirmative action employer. People of color, women,
immigrants, people with disabilities, LGBTQ people, and people with low-income backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Send your resume and three references to: email@example.com